Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rough draft

You know, I'm getting old.
(And that's 'tween you and me.)
I'm feeling like I need to leave
some kind of legacy.
and so, I've set aside my family,
and my responsibility
I've decided to follow a dream of mine,
I've had since I was thirty-three.
A book! I'm going to write.
What kind should it be?
Possibly a mystery.
I've so many stories to tell.
A personal history?
That would do just as well.
And as I sit and stare
At the page in front of me.
The realization burns
like the embers of the fire.
I'd do just as well to simply retire.
All the letters in the world,
all the papers made from trees
won't do me any good today
cause i've not got much to say.
 
pj

4 comments:

Snarky Mom Reads said...

kudos!

redhead83402 said...

I think it's awesome you are going to write a book, I have about 4 !/2 in the works,,lol,,, but they won't be done for a long time yet. I just wanted to thank you for the link, and also say ~ you have left a legacy ~ one that continues to grow and become greater with each passing day ~ they are your precious children. Whole generations of people will someday recognize you as the head of a large & happy family.... What greater legacy can there be than that? While your writing will live long after you are gone, your family will last into eternity. That's my belief, anyway.
I like your blog ~ :-D
~Red

redhead83402 said...

ok, sorry to add more, but I read through your profile sidebar, and I thought ~ WOW ~ that's me, to a T ~ lol, even the same kind of interests ~ are you my long-lost twin?? My sista from anotha mista ~ :-D
~Red

twinshiner said...

Hey Redhead,
maybe we should compare notes. I've got missing siblings I've been looking for.