Friday, October 10, 2008

Practical joker

Last night as supper was cooking, I went in to help my twins clean up thier rooms (AGAIN).....and while picking up toys, noticed a snake coming into the room from the crack by the door frame!!!!!!!!!!  ACCKKK

Hubby, of course, is at work...so mom must deal. I captured it...and got it out of my house with both of us still alive and only slightly panicky.

Returned to cleaning.........and there was another one. OMG....this one, however; was coming out of the bathroom, and there was another coming up the water pipe to the tub where it comes out of the floor. Got those also.......EIGHT snakes later, totally traumatized, close to tears, and shaking like a leaf in a hurricane, I put supper on the table, fixed myself a very strong pot of coffee, drank the whole pot and tried to calm down.

Needless to say.....about an hour later....potty duty called and I went into the bathroom to find that one(or both?) of my dear 10 year old daughters had placed a "real life looking" rubber snake on the rug in front of the toliet.

Hey!!!........are you laughing???? my husband was when I called and told him about it. It's ok...I can *see* the funny in it.........I am just not impressed. I am not laughing. well, ok...a snicker....occasionally.

isn't that trick something boys are supposed to do???

5 comments:

Shez said...

LOL, I can laugh because it happened to you and not me. I would have been distinctly unimpressed.

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

Little stinkers.... that's something that my boys would do. I can totally sympathize with how you felt with the snake invasion! UGH!

Chelle said...

OH my goodness! I thought you were going to tell me this was a dream! How did you get them? Did you pick them up with your hands? At one snake I would be at store waiting until Greg got home.

UGHHGHHG!

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Oh, don't tell my kids about that, PLEASE.

redhead83402 said...

Oh my GOSH!!! I would have totally DIED ~ AND .... lol... I think I would have peed my pants or something with the el-fake-o-rooni snake the kids placed ~ SCARY ~ but... funny!!

Ok ~ this doesn't go past the blog ~ once I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, & a giant hobo spider ran past me ~ well, I hate hobo's so I screamed for my hubby ~ & he came in and smacked it... then he picked it up in a piece of tissue & ....( & I was thinking.. he's going to throw that at me.. noo.. he wouldn't DARE.. yes he would...) ... & he THREW it at me. Well, I sorta freaked out pretty bad, I started screaming bloody murder, and stabbing my husband with my toothbrush. It was very strange & sorta surreal. After he got me all calmed down, he said.. so.. uh.. I guess I won't be doing THAT again. I was all bawling at him " that wasn't nice, that wasn't fair, you know I hate those, how could you..." etc. We can laugh about it now... & he has NEVER done such a thing again.
~Red