Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I AM...

I AM but a single breath in time. I wonder what lasting legacy can I possibly accomplish in such a short moment?

I AM a butterfly. I stuggle to break out of my cocoon so that I might flit from flower to flower and bask in the sun. I am anxious to spread my wings and drink life's nectar. I wonder if I have what it takes to keep trying because so often I am tired and it would be easier to give up. ....To stay in my shell and slowly fade away.

I AM a fisherman, casting about in the sea of life. I bait my hook and cast, hoping to reel in a dream or two. I wonder why; life, in her cruelness only sends me stick bass.

I AM a precious sterling silver tea set, placed on the shelf and forgottten. Tarnished with age and neglect, I wonder If I will ever again feel appreciated and useful. If only someone would take the time to pay attention to me, I would once again shine and grace the table.

I AM the foundation of our family. While so much is constantly piled on top of me; I remain strong and sturdy. I am the corner stone. Set firmly and squared, so that all that comes after me will not fall. ....will NOT fail. My children view life thru the windows that I hold. My husband can be confident that his castle will stand forever. My neighbors and community are assured that they have a safe house in thier midst. My God sees his banner flying high from the towers. But I wonder...am I enough? Can I stand thru another tornado. When the next storm assails my walls, can I still find the strength to stand?

I AM.

1 comment:

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. ;-) You're now on the dark side... muhahahahahah ;-)

Love ya, MG